Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about The Commons on Bridge apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- What type of furniture can I bring into the apartment?
- The units at The Commons on Bridge are unfurnished, so residents are welcome to bring any furniture they'd like to fill their apartment with. Residents are responsible for removing their furniture, along with all of their other belongings, upon move-out.
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- If I am over 21 do I need to have a guarantor?
- Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit equal to three (3) month's rent.
- If I pay in full do I get a discount?
- The Commons on Bridge does not offer a discount to residents paying for a lease term in full. However, we do accept full and advance payments as an alternative to monthly installments.
- Is parking available?
- Parking is based on a first come first serve basis. We have assigned and limited parking.
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card and if so is there an extra charge?
Great news! The Commons on Bridge added a new feature that lets you pay online! View your balance, submit electronic checks, or pay with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover from any computer. You can even submit maintenance requests! Just log on to our website, click the "Pay Rent" button. This will take you to our resident pay portal. There is a small convenience charge for this service.
- How close to campus are you?
All of The Commons on Bridge's buildings are within walking distance of the University of Tennessee campus.
- What do I need to hook up my computer to the Internet?
- The Commons on Bridge provides internet access through the convenience package each resident pays for.
- What if I need to cancel my lease?
- Leases cannot be cancelled. Under the terms of the lease, you may do a "Lease Takeover" and have someone legally take over the responsibility of the lease for the remainder of the term. Please direct any questions about this to the community assistants or management at the main office.
- What is the cost?
- You can check out our floor plans page of this website for the current monthly rates of our apartments.
- What type of leases are available?
- The Commons on Bridge leases all apartments by the unit.
- What utilities are included in my rent?
- Rent at The Commons on Bridge includes pest control and trash removal. Electricity is not included and should be set up through the Knoxville Utilities Board at (865) 524-2911. There is also a monthly $120 convenience package which includes Cable, high speed internet, water and sewer.
- When do I put down a deposit?
- All applications and service fees, as well as applicable deposits, are due at lease signing. The Commons on Bridge cannot reserve a bedroom or apartment until these fees have been paid.
- Will you send me a bill each month for rent?
- The Commons on Bridge does not send out a monthly reminder for rent. Rent is due on the first of each month and is considered late if received after the 5th. A 10% late fee is applied to all late rental payments.